Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pre-pregnancy jeans!

I didn't dare step on the scale until a week and a half after the girls were born. To my surprise I had dropped 50 lbs just like that. I thought "Wow. If I've lost that much weight I wonder if I can fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans." I slipped them on and buttoned them right up. I couldn't wear them for too long because of my incision but it felt WONDERFUL to have my body back. At first I was concerned with how fast the weight came off. I called to ask my nurse if I should be worried. The receptionist who took my message said this was the first time she'd ever had that complaint. My nurse called back and told me to enjoy it. She said if the weight continued to drop at that rate to let her know. After another week I lost the last 10 lbs. I don't know what attributed to it. My guess is I have exercise and breast feeding to thank for that. I'm sure it being my first pregnancy helped as well. I do not take it for granted, however. I definitely feel blessed. Having babies does a number on your body. While I was pregnant I wondered if I would ever get my body back.
 
 It was great to recognize my feet when I looked down. Instead of seeing this:


I saw this:


Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment