Sunday, April 7, 2013

April 2013 General Conference

It's time for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints semi-annual General Conference again. I was leaving the hospital with my sweet babies during the Saturday morning session last conference. Maternity leave from the choir lasts six months. Since I didn't take my leave until four days before the girls arrived I had my full six months after they were born to spend with them before I went back to choir. I went back on their six month birthday (April 2), the Tuesday before conference. It worked out perfectly.

It is so fun to be back at choir. I missed all of my sweet friends and singing in such an amazing, inspired capacity. I STILL pinch myself that I have the amazing opportunity to sing in the choir. I love it with all of my heart. It tries me and my musical abilities, it is a source of spiritual strength, allows me to bear my testimony through song, feel so very close to my loving father in heaven and Savior Jesus Christ, and many other reasons. I love everything about it but at the same time I would be willing to give all of that up for my sweet girls and amazing husband if it was too much for me to be gone every Thursday night and Sunday morning (unless more is required).

Chuck and I had a heart to heart when I went back. He knows how much I love being a member of the Tabernacle Choir but I told him to let me know if it was too much. I loved his response. (Prepare yourself for your heart to MELT.) He said "I love the fact that you're in the choir for multiple reasons. 1- All the blessing our family receives from your choir service. 2-It will teach our girls what they can accomplish when you work for your dreams."
I love that. He doesn't just support me because it's something that I love, but he loves it as well. It brought me so much peace to know that. I also personally feel it will be such a special bonding time for Chuck and the girls while I am gone. I know I loved my me time with my dad growing up. This will give them that opportunity weekly. I just adore my sweet little family more than I can ever fully explain. My little heart just wants to BURST ALL day EVERY day.
When I'm at choir people ask who has the girls. When I say their dad people always seem surprised Chuck has them on his own. They then say he deserves a father of the year award. I agree. He is an amazingly caring, capable dad. He doesn't feel comfortable when people say that though. It's just what you do when you have kids. He's a dad and that's just what dad's do. When people are surprised at what he is capable of and comfortable with it makes him uncomfortable. He's not good with compliments. I personally think he is so wonderful and feel so blessed he is such a good father.
Before Saturday morning session of conference with my best bud AnneMarie
 During Saturday morning session of conference (from my TV sorry for the quality)
 The choir sings the same sessions every conference (Saturday morning, Sunday morning and afternoon). On Saturday I'm gone from about 6:30 AM - 1:00 PM. Sunday's I'm usually gone from 6:00 AM - 5:00 PM. 11 hours on Sunday would be way too long for me to be away. I just told them I couldn't stay for the Sunday afternoon session so I made it home by 1 instead. Perfect! We even got to watch with our friends Dennis, Sarah and Maggie as well. Thanks for coming over you guys! We love you!
It's so good to be back!
I LOVE my little FAMILY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment